Roomba’s product line is widely known for advanced technology and the best quality designs. They have the smartest and most effective of software and hardware. In this article, we are going to look into Roomba i7 vs 960, highlighting the core features, smart technology, cleaning, and navigation. Stay tuned to understand these two robot vacuum models from Roomba so you can make your purchase decision wisely.
The Design and Measurements
The two Roomba robot vacuum models have similar designs, which are highlighted by black and dark grey color theme. The compartments and buttons housing the smart mapping are placed similarly, as well. The Roomba 960 weighs 8.7 lbs. and has a width of 13.8 and a height of 3.6 inches while the Roomba i7 weighs 7.5 and has a width of 13.4 inches and a height of 3.7 inches.
The Navigation Technology
Both models use the latest smart navigation technologies. Both models have iAdapt 3.0 and imprint smart mapping technology, allowing for easy navigation through individual rooms. The smart imprint mapping combined with the iAdapt 3.0 makes it possible to reach hard-to-reach areas to efficiently clean messes and other dirt particles.
The Roomba i7 has twice the cleaning motor power in the 960 Roomba model. The i7 has a Gen 3 motor while the Roomba 960 has Aeroforce 3-stage cleaning motor. Also, the i7 has more suction power and performs better than the 960 when it comes to cleaning carpets.
Battery Life and Other Specs
The Roomba i7 boasts better specs, building design, and performance than the 960 Roomba model. The 960 model uses 26000mAh lithium-ion battery while the i7 runs on a 3300mAh lithium-ion battery. The charge times in both robot vacuums is 3 hours, but that does not mean they deliver the same performance. The Roomba i7 has an estimated lifespan of 2 hours while the Roomba 960’s lifespan is estimated at 75 minutes. Both models also include self-recharge and self-resume cleaning, which ensures you don’t have to be around to get it clean your rooms.
Key Similarities between Both Models
- Both have Wi-Fi connectivity
- Both have HEPA filters
- Both have smart mapping technology
- Both can be easily controlled using voice assistants
- Both models work with the iRobot home app
Key Differences between Both Models
- The Roomba has the power and capability to clean carpets way better than Roomba 960.
- The Roomba features smarter iAdapt 3.0 navigation and imprint mapping.
- The cleaning motor in the Roomba i7 is more powerful. It runs on the Gen 3 motor which is twice stronger than the Aeroforce 3-stage cleaning motor.
- The Roomba i7 has a more powerful and longer-lasting battery, which lasts for about 45 minutes longer compared to the Roomba 960’s battery
- The dustbin in i7 is bigger than the one in 960 model
- You can upgrade your Roomba i7’s self disposal by investing in a clean base station.